jolie laide

jolie laide

I started this when I lived in Brooklyn and struggled for grace in a city that grants moments of beauty and ugliness breathtakingly close to one another. Now I live in a place where things are a different kind of ugly and the beauty is pedestrian. I struggle with that.

5.14.2007

Someone has shoved an icepick between my scapula and now my shoulders want to be ear muffs. I am moaning over races I'd like to run but there is not even a water tight roof on this house. Helicopters circle danger overhead and I have to remember to pick my chin up. I'm not as sad as I sound, it's just my laundry that needs deliverence.

2 Comments:

Blogger slickaphonic said...

okay, for serious---you're great with imagery and metaphors, but did someone actually shove an icepick in your back?!?

I hope not. (isn't it nice to know where i stand on this issue?)

10:24 AM  
Blogger ttractor said...

no, but goshem moses it feels like it. this desk is far too small and I am tied to it with my boss out with pneumonia.

I'm so glad you want me un-shivved. I am feeling a bit overly ventilated these days, anyway. things just keep floating away from me, or simply moving right through.

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home