jolie laide

jolie laide

I started this when I lived in Brooklyn and struggled for grace in a city that grants moments of beauty and ugliness breathtakingly close to one another. Now I live in a place where things are a different kind of ugly and the beauty is pedestrian. I struggle with that.

6.30.2007


This is my favorite one, because I look like I am being birthed by the train onto the Coney Island platform. That is perversely amusing. And it is proof, to those of you who know me largely as a cipher in cyberspace, that I really do exist in 3D.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dr. S said...

Do tell the story of these! Those of us not in your area don't know...

12:28 PM  
Blogger ttractor said...

oh, I owe you stories! Vacation, dead computer connection, houseguests have all been prevailing. And for you, where are you now?

5:44 PM  
Blogger Dr. S said...

I am still in my little town, but I am now out of my house and in a little apartment, which I love much more than I thought I would. I have about seven weeks of writing time here, and then I'm off and away! But I'm hoping that if I do it right, I won't really have much dead air. It will just be a Cabinet post early one day from the U.S. and then a Cabinet post late the next day from the U.K.! With, like, a picture of an airplane wing or something small that I can manage while jetlagged.

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home