jolie laide: Flower Shopping

jolie laide

I started this when I lived in Brooklyn and struggled for grace in a city that grants moments of beauty and ugliness breathtakingly close to one another. Now I live in a place where things are a different kind of ugly and the beauty is pedestrian. I struggle with that.

3.06.2006

Flower Shopping

Spring is nearly here, but truly, I can't take it any more. My new backyard will be barren for months to come and there is the riotous bursting from flower vendors and I have my week's allowence in my pocket. Oh, yes, now you can have. The hyacinths as pink as they are fragrant. The rilled brilliant splash of daffodils. Loosely layered sleepy roses. Tulips which are sex no matter what shape or shade. No, I pick sea holly, a spiky unadorned elegance from foliage to flower.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dr. S said...

Beeeyoutiful.

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home