jolie laide: Intimacy

jolie laide

I started this when I lived in Brooklyn and struggled for grace in a city that grants moments of beauty and ugliness breathtakingly close to one another. Now I live in a place where things are a different kind of ugly and the beauty is pedestrian. I struggle with that.

3.16.2006

Intimacy

I am having a nightmare. In that odd, murky way that happens as you re-surface from a dream, I can hear myself making painful noises. Mewling, crying, scrabbling to get awake, to get safe. Not very loud, but loud enough to stir him, in his own sleep. He rolls towards me, puts his leg over mine, puts his arm around me, and draws me into him.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dr. S said...

I remember this one. It's one of my favorites. But it also makes me glad, in a painful way, that I don't have nightmares much.

5:49 PM  
Blogger ttractor said...

Thanks Dr. S. It was a good nightmare? In that it illuminated some things for me. I generally think hearing about other people's dreams is boring (sorry anyone! but I will tell you if you want to know) but it was perfectly allegorical and really nicely layered.

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember this one as well. A favorite.

7:50 PM  
Blogger ttractor said...

thank you....I am sorry I am not writing more. my life seems to be both too full and not full enough to get into the right space for it. But images keep coming, so I keep interspersing them. Thank you for the kind words, gosh, it is always so nice!

5:03 PM  
Blogger Dr. S said...

Don't apologize! I don't think any of us mind seeing stuff we've seen before; it's just as nice this time around, and it's especially good with different images.

2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home