jolie laide

jolie laide

I started this when I lived in Brooklyn and struggled for grace in a city that grants moments of beauty and ugliness breathtakingly close to one another. Now I live in a place where things are a different kind of ugly and the beauty is pedestrian. I struggle with that.

12.17.2006


I don't own a lot of stuff, don't buy a lot of stuff, don't consider shopping a passtime. But every once in a while I get an enormous urge to own something, something just strikes me, and I have learned that if I don't follow that urge, I'll be sorry later. When I saw those wings in the store, I was beyond smitten. I already had my costume for the event completed, but when I saw the wings, it all went out the window. Wings, yes. That just makes so much sense.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I see the pretty angel!

6:25 PM  
Blogger Dr. S said...

With a friend, I once surprise-gifted someone a pair of sparkling batwings we found when I was buying a pair of jeans. She wore them all night at a party and looked beautiful. I am a believer in wings.

12:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you(r wings) were amazing.

one of the highlights of my day was your interaction with the little girls at lincoln center.

don't run out of candy.

4:57 AM  
Blogger ttractor said...

I won't run out of candy if you give me some sugar! I heart you, Santa!

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home