jolie laide

jolie laide

I started this when I lived in Brooklyn and struggled for grace in a city that grants moments of beauty and ugliness breathtakingly close to one another. Now I live in a place where things are a different kind of ugly and the beauty is pedestrian. I struggle with that.

1.26.2007


This is simply the most evocative awe-inspiring thing I have seen since...well since that man next to me on the subway smiled suddenly and he had one of those insanely fetching gaps between his two front teeth and in his enormous happiness I could see an entire world dancing just inches away from my face. Oh, that was only yesterday. Still. If you are not visiting my friend over at her Cabinet of Distractions, well, you should. She is might squared and dense like a flourless chocolate cake.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr. S said...

Thanks, sweetie.

1:56 PM  
Blogger ttractor said...

I offer nothing less than what you deserve. You are most becoming, these days.

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home