jolie laide

jolie laide

I started this when I lived in Brooklyn and struggled for grace in a city that grants moments of beauty and ugliness breathtakingly close to one another. Now I live in a place where things are a different kind of ugly and the beauty is pedestrian. I struggle with that.

8.21.2007

Moving around a lot when I was younger got me in the discard habit. If I hadn't looked at it, thought about it, or used it in three months, it got tossed. Not only did I have less to move, but I also had less to think about altogether, less backlog of intentions.

I'm a little more flexible on that now, but I do still complete sweeps out, and today is one of them. Friends, if you have not written in your blog in more than three months, you're off my links. Every day I hope you will tell me something, anything, but you are being otherwise occupied. It's not a diss, it's a fact. Let me know when you are back at it, because I'd like to be there with you.

2 Comments:

Blogger slickaphonic said...

it's harsh.

but i understand.

does it count if i comment here? heh heh.

7:52 PM  
Blogger ttractor said...

well, and here's the thing, too. You go to someone else's page, because you like what they write and you are interested, and you follow their links, and they go dead. So either they don't care about their own link-tidiness or they are recommending stuff without being careful. I don't want to be like that, and waste other people's time and regard.

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home