jolie laide: Thanks MD!

jolie laide

I started this when I lived in Brooklyn and struggled for grace in a city that grants moments of beauty and ugliness breathtakingly close to one another. Now I live in a place where things are a different kind of ugly and the beauty is pedestrian. I struggle with that.

5.22.2006

Thanks MD!



A friend blogs over on that *other* site, posting a goofy haiku take-off every day. The structure isn't rigid, it's more about word choice and feeling and sometimes it's great fun, with people adding on and getting quite ridiculous or quite revealing, or both. Here are a couple from me:

classes done until fall
now I'm late with my taxes
and collecting rent


it's not the dying
that scares me, it's the living
unseen, unspoken


red dress, windy day
delights construction workers
"hey! hold down your skirt!"


"Intimidating"
so grow a pair already
or ask to share mine

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

you haiku with such integrity

2:09 AM  
Blogger ttractor said...

I have cheated at times, but trying to get it down and get it right in 5-7-5 is a fun challenge!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Ha! You're welcome! Enjoying reading all your work, as always.

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home