jolie laide

jolie laide

I started this when I lived in Brooklyn and struggled for grace in a city that grants moments of beauty and ugliness breathtakingly close to one another. Now I live in a place where things are a different kind of ugly and the beauty is pedestrian. I struggle with that.

11.22.2006

I am considering live-blogging tonight's T-day prep. Because I am looking down into a pot of three pounds of mashed potatoes dreamily and thinking, "I could eat this whole thing!" So to keep focused on moving forward and not having a runner's carbo fantasy orgy with the potatoes...here's where we are...

three pounds of fantastic organic Buttercream dirty mashed potatoes with garlic, real unsalted butter and slivered portobello mushrooms. only a couple of bites short of three pounds, that is.

the savory stuffing is prepped--bread, chicken sausage, celery, more portobellos, walnuts and raw cranberries, all cubed and in their individual baggies and ready for transport.

Next up: sweet potatoes! and the cracking open of the whiskey! (this could get incoherent, raunchy or flat-out naked, very quickly)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home