jolie laide

jolie laide

I started this when I lived in Brooklyn and struggled for grace in a city that grants moments of beauty and ugliness breathtakingly close to one another. Now I live in a place where things are a different kind of ugly and the beauty is pedestrian. I struggle with that.

4.12.2009

I'm not done watching the sun go down from this particular spot in the world. But the man that owns the house is done, rolling up his family and his failures and heading back to Minnesota, and taking the lease with him.

On the car radio the woman says "I was acting as a bridge" and I come across the boy on his way home from school. He is walking up the hill, his hands full of wild onions.

Tomorrow, I will be married.

5 Comments:

Blogger EastWesterner said...

I hope your wedding day is absolutely wonderful. I am happy and warmed by the thoughts of you and he, together in harmony.

10:20 AM  
Blogger dragonfly said...

are you seriously getting married? congrats. i guess i have been away too long! i am thinking of heading to brooklyn for the second weekend in may. are you still there? i would love to meet up--still don't know where i am staying--

you can reach me at: a.s.dragonfly@gmail.com

hope all is well and i need to do some serious catching up! xo

10:55 PM  
Blogger ttractor said...

I seriously got married! And we're living in San Francisco while raising the kids! I'm sorry to miss you on your trip south!

6:56 PM  
Blogger EMC said...

I just stopped by here after a long while away and I just have to say...HOLY CRAP!

I mean that in a good way. I mean...

HOLY CRAP!

Again, only in the best of ways...

11:58 PM  
Blogger ttractor said...

big smile! Hi ECo, I miss you!

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home