jolie laide: Letting Go

jolie laide

I started this when I lived in Brooklyn and struggled for grace in a city that grants moments of beauty and ugliness breathtakingly close to one another. Now I live in a place where things are a different kind of ugly and the beauty is pedestrian. I struggle with that.

5.23.2006

Letting Go


I got a note card with a rent check from one of my tenants this month. She says:

Thank you so much for having us in your beautiful home for these two years. I feel like we are breaking up with your house. Thank you again for everything.

And so the four delightful girls that have giggled and fought and dreamed and planned in the little rowhouse are leaving. And I have put the house up for sale. And I am so sad and so overwhelmed. That house has borne the burden of so many of my own fights and dreams and plans and now it is just time to let go. Letting go is something I have never been good at.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

it seems you leave traces of your spirit, your struggles and joys in places that you've inhabited

I find it hard to pass by my childhood home - the ediface has a living presence, made up partly of me

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home