jolie laide

jolie laide

I started this when I lived in Brooklyn and struggled for grace in a city that grants moments of beauty and ugliness breathtakingly close to one another. Now I live in a place where things are a different kind of ugly and the beauty is pedestrian. I struggle with that.

8.16.2006


Yesterday I sat back on my heels and took photographs of a bicycle chained to a street post, slowly dissolving in rust and thievery. I walked through midtown with happy happy music in my ears and watched the easy comraderie of the livery drivers lined up and waiting for their charges, stretching and chatting in the fading light. I saw green leaves brilliantly backlit from spot light that snapped on, exposing the forms and veins as surely as an x-ray.

1 Comments:

Blogger ttractor said...

hello! I am so glad to see you here! somehow, this is less constricting than the other site, although traffic is dramatically less.

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home