jolie laide

jolie laide

I started this when I lived in Brooklyn and struggled for grace in a city that grants moments of beauty and ugliness breathtakingly close to one another. Now I live in a place where things are a different kind of ugly and the beauty is pedestrian. I struggle with that.

11.22.2006

Cheesecake in the oven, and I have only been at this for five hours. Sweet! I think, unfortunately, that my oven runs a little hot. The cheesecake looks like it might be a bit burnt around the edges. I'll know when I unmold in an hour whether it's a do-over or not. If it's not fit for company but still edible, then crap, I'll have a whole chocolate-hazelnut cheesecake with Fra Angelico infused crust in my refrigerator. Not sure what to do with that problem.

My friend, who I would swear was late to his own birth, was supposed to come over tonight and give me a hand. Apparently the incredibly loud music, the smoke alarm and the exhaust fan drowned the message he left me--I'm late, call me back if you still want me to come over. I was looking forward to some of that guy upper body strength to manhandle the cream cheese, but alas, I had to do it myself. Well, he'll never know that I was saving some of the extra mashed potatoes for him, and now I get to eat them. Holy crap! Did I just eat a pound of mashed potatoes? Well yes, I did.

And with that my darlings, I'm hanging it up for the night. I hope tomorrow you all have a reflective, important day. My wish is that you are well loved, that you are hopeful. If you see something beautiful tomorrow, please tell me about it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:26 PM  
Blogger ttractor said...

Please ask me a question rather than make an assumption, especially an assumption that makes you queasy.

2:28 PM  
Blogger ttractor said...

comments removed by request, not censorship

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home