jolie laide

jolie laide

I started this when I lived in Brooklyn and struggled for grace in a city that grants moments of beauty and ugliness breathtakingly close to one another. Now I live in a place where things are a different kind of ugly and the beauty is pedestrian. I struggle with that.

2.27.2007

I've been trapped and poked with sticks too much today and now I am one big snarl. I need this run to work out my fury and frustration and if you cowboy up to my flank at a stop sign yo and I'll turn my head and issue a defiant stringy spit onto your quarter panel while looking you right in the face. Squeal past me, tap your brakes threatening to stop and I am not intimidated, I'll flip you off vehemently and scream at your rear window. Come on, I want to see you hit your brakes hard, I want to see you spill out of the driver's side door, I am standing my ground in the middle of the street and I can hear you trying to gauge what you've got on your line. I want to see you come after me, I want to sit back on my heels, find the flaw in your fight and barrel straight through it to the other side. Don't think I know how, just try me. Yeah, I'm a live one, no I'm a radioactive one and when you turn down the next block I want to see you circle back on me, it's a one way street and you'll have to take me from the front. Go ahead, I want you to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home