jolie laide

jolie laide

I started this when I lived in Brooklyn and struggled for grace in a city that grants moments of beauty and ugliness breathtakingly close to one another. Now I live in a place where things are a different kind of ugly and the beauty is pedestrian. I struggle with that.

2.27.2007

I've been trapped and poked with sticks too much today and now I am one big snarl. I need this run to work out my fury and frustration and if you cowboy up to my flank at a stop sign yo and I'll turn my head and issue a defiant stringy spit onto your quarter panel while looking you right in the face. Squeal past me, tap your brakes threatening to stop and I am not intimidated, I'll flip you off vehemently and scream at your rear window. Come on, I want to see you hit your brakes hard, I want to see you spill out of the driver's side door, I am standing my ground in the middle of the street and I can hear you trying to gauge what you've got on your line. I want to see you come after me, I want to sit back on my heels, find the flaw in your fight and barrel straight through it to the other side. Don't think I know how, just try me. Yeah, I'm a live one, no I'm a radioactive one and when you turn down the next block I want to see you circle back on me, it's a one way street and you'll have to take me from the front. Go ahead, I want you to.

1 Comments:

Blogger cherrydragonut said...

I got to work a half hour early today instead of a half hour late and the morning sky was different, as was the morning's sun light. I had breakfast with friends this morning, early and when I came to work greeted my co-workers and decided I wouldn't react. Anger is good ttractor. It motivates change. And you know what they say about those well timed replies.... Feelings....the elated ones don't stay and neither do the bad ones. They are "not facts," n ever changing.

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home