jolie laide

jolie laide

I started this when I lived in Brooklyn and struggled for grace in a city that grants moments of beauty and ugliness breathtakingly close to one another. Now I live in a place where things are a different kind of ugly and the beauty is pedestrian. I struggle with that.

2.23.2007

The last 24 hours has me jammed up with words that I need to clear off before I can move on. Feel free to imagine where these came from or what they were attached to.

"THE NYC 2007 ELECTRICAL CODE IS HERE!"

"only the slightest eau d'Bible Belt trailer park"

"abuse is like beauty"

"shining like the brightest star, a radio transmission at midnight"

I also found crumpled in my bag, the phone number that man wrote out for me. I see that his hand was shaking, so his name looks like "Christopher Crime." I think I may have met that character before.

1 Comments:

Blogger ttractor said...

I don't think there is a reason, I think there is a curator. Or at least on these pages there is one.

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home