jolie laide

jolie laide

I started this when I lived in Brooklyn and struggled for grace in a city that grants moments of beauty and ugliness breathtakingly close to one another. Now I live in a place where things are a different kind of ugly and the beauty is pedestrian. I struggle with that.

3.02.2007

Here is the nail I am biting. Tonight’s taxi finds me listening to Regina Spektor singing about fidelity. My mouth is open, and I am curious about how many teeth I have, try to get my tongue to count them, but my tongue is tired and can’t distinguish where one round dimpled sharp turns into another. My tongue was not made for counting, that is what it tells me. I am waiting for this night to pull through me, because really, all I want is the light.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr. S said...

Have you seen the "Fidelity" video yet? YouTube, my friend. Go see it. But then watch "Samson," too.

1:52 AM  
Blogger ttractor said...

OK, I wanted to hate that. Too winsome, too precious, too obvious . But I am a big frickin mushball now. I hear that song with a toy piano in it. Do you?

I'm going back for round two, with Samson.

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home