jolie laide

jolie laide

I started this when I lived in Brooklyn and struggled for grace in a city that grants moments of beauty and ugliness breathtakingly close to one another. Now I live in a place where things are a different kind of ugly and the beauty is pedestrian. I struggle with that.

9.05.2007

Bless my star-crossed socks, I am back from Burning Man. And this world seems really strange. If I met you there, please feel free to make yourself known. If you know me already, I'll say simply this: it was amazing. I'm not sure how to talk about it. I might need a few days to get there.

6 Comments:

Blogger Dr. S said...

welcome home, traveler!

12:31 PM  
Blogger ttractor said...

why thank you! same to you, in a sense!

1:37 PM  
Blogger Dr. S said...

yes, it's weird: it definitely feels like getting to settle down after a very mobile summer. and I've been to this country (though never this city) enough to feel fairly at home in lots of ways. I'm looking forward to your meditations on Burning Man, when you're ready to write them (in whatever form they take!).

5:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello. We met at the burn at the camp where I stayed...The G Spot. Name is Boo. Do you remember? Hope you had a great burn. I'll write via your .net e-mail. Met so many people - are there other images of you so I can recall you, other than the 'elbow' image? Boo

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Boo. Try this to jog your memory: http://apparentvoyeur.blogspot.com/

There are some pics of you in there too.

12:36 AM  
Blogger ttractor said...

Hi Hobbit! Hi Boo! Boo-were you the guy in the pink tutu? I loved that!

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home