jolie laide

jolie laide

I started this when I lived in Brooklyn and struggled for grace in a city that grants moments of beauty and ugliness breathtakingly close to one another. Now I live in a place where things are a different kind of ugly and the beauty is pedestrian. I struggle with that.

9.10.2007

I tried posting some of these earlier and they wouldn't go up, for whatever reason. Mair shot just about everything, and a bunch of things I never saw, or surely do not remember.

This is me and Mair's torso. I was a silver- (or metallic blue-) clad robot bunny all week.



Every day they would run a sprinkler truck down the street and people would run after it for a bath. It was the only running water in the whole encampment of 47,000 people. It was better than the ice cream truck. You would hear it honk honk and then see it roll slowly by, followed by giggling wet naked or nearly naked running bathers. I saw this guy go by one morning, and was delighted to see him again later in the day. No clue as to who he is.



Something is making me very happy. I don't remember this being taken, but then, I am so full of joy I can't get my eyes open.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dr. S said...

Awesome. I love that last picture.

8:39 AM  
Blogger ttractor said...

thanks! my hair is not going grey that fast--that's the results of the dust storms...more on that later!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Dr. S said...

oh, you know, I noticed that! but I thought, well, my hair *is* going grey a lot this year, so maybe hers just is. It's all good, either way.

6:55 PM  
Blogger slickaphonic said...

second that...a mighty fine smile

and whoever is behind you has mighty fine abs, too. just in case she finds this and wondered what i thought.

2:19 PM  
Blogger ttractor said...

oh, it was the Candyland of Abs. That might be what I am smiling about!

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home