jolie laide: Denver, Colorado

jolie laide

I started this when I lived in Brooklyn and struggled for grace in a city that grants moments of beauty and ugliness breathtakingly close to one another. Now I live in a place where things are a different kind of ugly and the beauty is pedestrian. I struggle with that.

7.14.2008

Denver, Colorado

I am wrestling two large cups of coffee into the elevator, sugar and spoons and other accoutrement threatening to spill out of my pockets at each step. He offers his assistance, but I eschew it, out of years of suspicious living, say I can handle it. "Like an 8 year old with chocolate milk!" he says, and his gentleness surprises me. I wish I had let him help.

2 Comments:

Blogger slickaphonic said...

It's so nice to have you back (says the girl who's still missing...)

6:31 PM  
Blogger ttractor said...

I miss you too. I hope to see you when you get here. New digs in one week--half-way up a mountain, gorgeous views and, so Cali, so hilarious, a hot tub on the deck off the master bath.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home