jolie laide

jolie laide

I started this when I lived in Brooklyn and struggled for grace in a city that grants moments of beauty and ugliness breathtakingly close to one another. Now I live in a place where things are a different kind of ugly and the beauty is pedestrian. I struggle with that.

5.26.2008

He is doing the Sunday night trip, taking the kids back to their mother. I am getting gas for his car, buying milk for tomorrow's coffee. Coming home, I am maneuvering around the garbage cans I have lined up at the curb, noticing the grape vines come down from the fence, reminded of the old mattress that need to be deaccessioned. I know my life has not really gotten this small, it's just that the battles don't feel so epic and uncertain. That's what I tell myself.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! My emails seem to still not be getting through, your cell has been diconnected, and I suddenly feel how easy it might be to lose you! Egads! --Mair

5:49 PM  
Blogger ttractor said...

grr. arr. our emails is so stupid! I switched my landline # to my celphone #. I guess Verizon doesn't leave forwarding messages any more, but, of all things, I am still in the phone book, virtual or otherwise. (But I'll give you a call this week anyway...)

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home