jolie laide: I Wanted to Say Yes

jolie laide

I started this when I lived in Brooklyn and struggled for grace in a city that grants moments of beauty and ugliness breathtakingly close to one another. Now I live in a place where things are a different kind of ugly and the beauty is pedestrian. I struggle with that.

6.13.2009

I Wanted to Say Yes

The doctor examining me asks if there has been a trauma to my eye. He is looking through my pupil, somewhere inside of my head. He sees damage. I'm not surprised.

3 Comments:

Blogger EastWesterner said...

And yet, you have such... vision.

Happy summer, Ms.Molly. Life is good.

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Velvet Verbosity said...

I miss your blog. :(

1:42 AM  
Blogger ttractor said...

Me too! On November 9, I get a new commute pattern! Instead of 3 hours driving every day, I can bike to the ferry and take the ferry to work. I am thinking that will give me enough time with my hands and brain unencumbered that I can start being creative again. Thank you for missing me--I miss you too!

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home