jolie laide

jolie laide

I started this when I lived in Brooklyn and struggled for grace in a city that grants moments of beauty and ugliness breathtakingly close to one another. Now I live in a place where things are a different kind of ugly and the beauty is pedestrian. I struggle with that.

1.14.2010

We are sitting in the senior director's office and I can tell my young colleague is trying not to cry. She pulls her hair across her face, but I can see her ears starting to redden.

My day started with good news from a family I have been trying to guide, but soon enough my ears will be reddening too.

I work late and get off the bus in the dark. I am behind some kid with hipster hair and skinny jeans. He is wearing a black hoodie that says "Hell's KItchen NYC" on the back. I want to do something vicious to him.

2 Comments:

Blogger slickaphonic said...

i am waiting for a fashion line with expensive shirts saying "poverty" on the back. maybe in sequins. or real blood from poor people.

then, the apex will have been reached.

10:59 PM  
Blogger ttractor said...

oh, that's why that cheesed me off so much. Thanks for the illumination!

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home