jolie laide

jolie laide

I started this when I lived in Brooklyn and struggled for grace in a city that grants moments of beauty and ugliness breathtakingly close to one another. Now I live in a place where things are a different kind of ugly and the beauty is pedestrian. I struggle with that.

7.06.2006


The guy from Sundance. A volley of emails. A bunch of telephone calls. And then, the conversation my savvy friends say they would kill for: come in, I'll coach you on your lines, then we'll tape you.

I bailed.

The guy from the Subject Bar. Emails, conversations, visits. And the opportunity I know others would kill for: when am I coming back to finish the shoot, x famous person comes here, and y person, and hot bands a, b, c.

I am stalling.

It's the becoming visible thing.

2 Comments:

Blogger slickaphonic said...

aw, come on molly! i thought you were a front-row kinda gal!

can't sparkle if you're standing in the shadows.

9:55 PM  
Blogger ttractor said...

I give myself a pass on the "acting" thing. I just couldn't really get my head around, well, having my face scrutinized to that level. I have a cinematographer friend who is always syaing "oh! the camera loves her!" about various people he's working with. I don't think that could be said about me, and I don't think I need to have that pointed out, in a public forum, no less.

I will take the pictures at the Subject Bar, I just need a little time to groc with it and what it could mean. And prepare myself for nothing.

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home