jolie laide

jolie laide

I started this when I lived in Brooklyn and struggled for grace in a city that grants moments of beauty and ugliness breathtakingly close to one another. Now I live in a place where things are a different kind of ugly and the beauty is pedestrian. I struggle with that.

10.04.2006

I am walking and I am alone. Alone, not lonely. Alone, but smiling. Because I am thinking about you. I don’t know you, but I am imagining you, imagining coming home to you the first time, the thousandth time, the ten thousandth time. Imagining you sitting on the high stoop, in the fading evening light, because you have misplaced your house keys again, because you love to turn your face to the dimming sun, because you want to catch me turning down our street and unaware, to see what I am like when I am alone, just like now.

3 Comments:

Blogger slickaphonic said...

oh to meet the reality which shames the fantasy for its utter lack of luster.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the way you honor the habitual - as well as the unique moment

glorious

6:37 PM  
Blogger ttractor said...

slick, what a wonderful hope. I would hope that for everyone!

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home