jolie laide

jolie laide

I started this when I lived in Brooklyn and struggled for grace in a city that grants moments of beauty and ugliness breathtakingly close to one another. Now I live in a place where things are a different kind of ugly and the beauty is pedestrian. I struggle with that.

3.04.2007

Things that have woken me up this week:
A hard pounding rain that powered away the last of the snow in the back yard and signifies that spring is near to hand.
The lillies on my dresser finally dying, dropping their thick rubbery petals with quiet thumps in the night.
A dream where I was caught prevaricating, being disingenuous, willfully ignorant. When I take a sip of water something enters my mouth, and I am suddenly spitting out a scorpion. He scuttles away, but I am left with one rough leg stuck between my teeth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home