jolie laide

jolie laide

I started this when I lived in Brooklyn and struggled for grace in a city that grants moments of beauty and ugliness breathtakingly close to one another. Now I live in a place where things are a different kind of ugly and the beauty is pedestrian. I struggle with that.

4.15.2008


This is the garden, day two.

I have lived in six different places since I came to New York 16 years ago. That's a lot of disassembling and re-assembling. Tonight I am sleeping on a mattress on the floor for the first time in a very long time.

5 Comments:

Blogger slickaphonic said...

I laugh at your six places! This is the first apartment i've stayed in for longer than a year in eleven years...

Sending positive transition vibes your way...

8:45 PM  
Blogger ttractor said...

Yeah, my rate of moving seems to have slowed down. BUt if you consider the fact that I actually owned four of the places I lived in New York, the hassle factor goes way up. We begin the cross country trek next week!

9:36 AM  
Blogger EMC said...

We'll meet again
don't know where
don't know when
but I know we'll meet again
some sunny day...

9:46 AM  
Blogger ttractor said...

Dude! I am so rooting for you and wish to hell you would freakin blog more. But now everyone has a place to crash in the bay area. My fingers are still crossed for SF proper, but for now at least to my chagrin, we're living in Marin.

12:31 PM  
Blogger EMC said...

Thank you dear.

There is plenty to say, though most of my brain is taken up with school.

There will always be a moon over Marin.

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home