jolie laide

jolie laide

I started this when I lived in Brooklyn and struggled for grace in a city that grants moments of beauty and ugliness breathtakingly close to one another. Now I live in a place where things are a different kind of ugly and the beauty is pedestrian. I struggle with that.

4.20.2008

Holy flying monkeys! It's actually a garden! Lillies, roses, hydrangea, a flowering dogwood. Almost like the garden guy read my mind. Plus trumpet vine and honeysuckle for hummingbirds. Yes, there are hummingbirds in Brooklyn. Not the suicide bombing squadroons like in Marin, but still. And ivies and daisies and coreopsis and things that turn the color of pomegranate in the fall and things with red berries for the winter and things that are always green and not ouch-poky.

I'm tired and wired and excited and filthy. Tomorrow is moving day.

1 Comments:

Blogger letigre1974 said...

isn't being tired and wired a strange feeling...

nice work.

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home