jolie laide

jolie laide

I started this when I lived in Brooklyn and struggled for grace in a city that grants moments of beauty and ugliness breathtakingly close to one another. Now I live in a place where things are a different kind of ugly and the beauty is pedestrian. I struggle with that.

1.26.2010

It's been raining for days and I can't get warm. I can't help but think about all the relationships that have ended in the workshop, me working the saw, him with stupid hands. A late night email from a man who thought I was unkind but now perhaps kind enough to give him what he wants. Someone who wants advice on antique doors but does not want to wander my neighborhood to find them.

Mostly, I'd rather be me than anyone else I know. But not tonight.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

:-*

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home