jolie laide: If You Leave Take Me With You

jolie laide

I started this when I lived in Brooklyn and struggled for grace in a city that grants moments of beauty and ugliness breathtakingly close to one another. Now I live in a place where things are a different kind of ugly and the beauty is pedestrian. I struggle with that.

4.24.2006

If You Leave Take Me With You


“We can break each others hearts again and again, there will be a popping sound like a firecracker when we do, sometimes it might sound like a drum roll. We will make music this way. Our hearts will be full of holes and soon they’ll be nothing left of us.”

I did not write this. But I find it extraordinary, a voice worthy of attention. His posting, at that *other* place is “If You Leave, Take Me With You.”

5 Comments:

Blogger slickaphonic said...

ttractor, thanks for directing me there; my eyes are burning from reading on a computer screen, but it what a lovely way to burn.

10:21 PM  
Blogger ttractor said...

this guy gores me. I am curious to see how the center holds.

That sounds terribly clinical, but I don't know who he is, so can only observe. and wonder.

4:23 PM  
Blogger slickaphonic said...

well, i make it up to l.a. frequently; i suppose i could go on a recon mission...

his blog has pulled me back to that site on what promises to be a frequent basis--and i'd come so close to escaping for good!

4:42 PM  
Blogger ttractor said...

I am not terribly active there anymore. There were some people I thought interesting, but very few anymore. I kept it up because I thought it was rude to abandon that "community" (and it did feel like a community at first) when I got what I ostensibly came for, now I keep it up because some folks look for me there and I am a loyal dog.

and good heavens! no spying! you can do so much of that from your keyboard already it's spooky.

5:30 PM  
Blogger slickaphonic said...

oh, dear, no spying, indeed...I was actually curious to just meet him when i was up in la la land...i always wonder how 'good writers' speak in person; i'm frequently disappointed, and rightly so...talking and writing aren't the same activity and I shouldn't be so expectant, damn me.

but i just don't want to go through the process of filling out a profile again--especially to solely satisfy my curiosity...

yes, i think the internet has nourished the latent stalker in a great many people--when it's so costless in terms of effort, it's so much easier to justify--a bit of a slippery slope.

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home