jolie laide

jolie laide

I started this when I lived in Brooklyn and struggled for grace in a city that grants moments of beauty and ugliness breathtakingly close to one another. Now I live in a place where things are a different kind of ugly and the beauty is pedestrian. I struggle with that.

4.27.2006


Because sometimes I read more than I write (and sometimes I spend all day editing and spinning my thinky wheels)...

"and when I hold my head up you'll know that I'm fragile and you could break me with a harsh whisper and when I walk through the world you'll know that the only grace I ever had I spat into the alley that night and replaced with wild laughter. And we will be beautiful."

visit Conclusion Free Since 1978! for more.

5 Comments:

Blogger slickaphonic said...

thanks for stickin' up for me, ttractor! I feel like your little sister sometimes--you know, wondering if I could ever borrow that red dress, if my smile will ever be as wide and perfect as yours, and knowing you'd beat anybody up who ever laid a harsh whisper on me...

11:14 AM  
Blogger ttractor said...

that guy was a dick. I'm sorry. I did not mean to encourage you into an unkind situation.

I'll pull his lungs out through his nostrils if he tries that here.

And yes, you can borrow my red dress...I walked through miles of Manhattan in it yesterday and my god it feels good!

12:35 PM  
Blogger slickaphonic said...

ah, you forget i'm in academia. this means i'm not exactly delicate...

but i'd like to see that nostrils trick.

12:44 PM  
Blogger ttractor said...

A foot on the neck and a crochet hook. Does wonders.

2:50 PM  
Blogger bobs said...

I like your style of photography. You've a magic eye for interesting stuff to snap.


bobs
Scotland

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home