jolie laide: Nerd Girl Club Credentials

jolie laide

I started this when I lived in Brooklyn and struggled for grace in a city that grants moments of beauty and ugliness breathtakingly close to one another. Now I live in a place where things are a different kind of ugly and the beauty is pedestrian. I struggle with that.

4.28.2006

Nerd Girl Club Credentials




This week I re-mounted my crack vial collection. This is not such a great shot through the glass, but you get the idea. The total collection is close to 100, all singular specimens, and arranged by hue...roy g biv plus black, white, silver and gold.

I got invited to join a NYC manhole cover photoblogger group. I can't even begin to tell you what goofy delirious joy this brings me.

4 Comments:

Blogger slickaphonic said...

*love* the crack-vial collection.

they just look so innocuous lined up on your wall...i bet most vials only get to bring joy to others once in their lives; your vials are surely special.

congrats on the invite--is there a website where we can spy all of these photographs?

4:06 PM  
Blogger ttractor said...

on flickr.com, the New York City Manhole Cover group photo pool...I don't have so many there because I only take them when I find them compelling, as opposed to taking them for documentary purposes, althought that has its own merit, for sure.

7:17 PM  
Blogger slickaphonic said...

i gotta tell you, i love your photographs--i'm still a bit amazed that your flipping cell phone has such great quality...
anyway, sidetracked--so, love the photographs, and i bet i'm not alone when i say i'd actually buy quite a few for my walls (and that's coming from an impoverished grad student, yo)

10:19 PM  
Blogger ttractor said...

none of these are copyright protected...you should feel free to download them and print them out for your enjoyment...that's sorta what they are for, anyway!

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home