jolie laide

jolie laide

I started this when I lived in Brooklyn and struggled for grace in a city that grants moments of beauty and ugliness breathtakingly close to one another. Now I live in a place where things are a different kind of ugly and the beauty is pedestrian. I struggle with that.

9.14.2007

Honk honk! Here comes the water truck! It was to keep the dust down that they sprinklered every day. This is the only liquid that is allowed to hit the ground, so unless you set up a shower that collected and then evaporated your water, this is the only bathing you get. Our motto at the Robot Bunny Monster Princess Camp was "filthy and tripping" and we stuck with it. Although "baby-wiped" was more like it. And of course, I mean tripping in a metaphorical sense.

The silver toes is mine, and this is exactly how filthy, and all the nakedy goodness we missed out on, because we were sitting in our "front yard" and watching it go by. And I was really, reallly enjoying the fact that I had feet. Metaphorically speaking.







If the vision of this emergent Venus does not make you want go, then something has died inside you and I am sorry for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home